LETTER FROM THE FRIENDZONE

7:34 am

Hello loves,

You know some say you can never be best friends with the opposite sex and not just catch feelings.  I never felt my life was going to be like that too. I believe so much in true and lasting friendships. I can have friends both male and female, life is just so good when you have friends who are just friends, until I met John.




I and John became good friends from  the church choir.  He was really this guy I never really noticed so much, I just knew he could sing so well.  One day our choir master gave us a duet to take together and that was how we began our friendship.

Wow! John had this cute smile, I just liked the way he smiles.  I began to find him attractive like a friend. We were so close, John could tell me anything and I could tell him just anything.  I got to know he just went through a heartbreak, I  wasn't even in a relationship so it was perfect timing.  *claps*.  Every day after work we would meet over dinner or in church for rehearsals. We were practically in each others lives.

Friends began to talk, foes began to gossip.  See ehen! We were just friends that's all.  I don't even know where people always got this idea that we are dating from. People didn't seem to believe me. John himself was being questioned by other church guys but he simply answered them, "we are just friends nothing more, I see her like my sister".

Can I confess?  I was beginning to catch feeling for John oh.  I just couldn't understand why? But I really wanted to be more than a friend to him, am not getting any younger. Getting a  ring from John wouldn't be a bad idea after all.  I mean,  John is such a good man who loves the Lord. How do I go about it? How do I get out of this Friend zone. He confides so much in me, he is even beginning to catch feelings from one Faith girl like that in the ushering department. Am so jealous. I just hate the way he talks about her with dreamy eyes.  He is even asking me for advice on how to woe her.
I love John but am just a friend.

I hurts so much because am always there for him, i nurse him when he is sick. I had to sleep over in the hospital with him when he was really sick,and was admitted in the hospital. The nurses thought I was his wife, they laughed me to scorn when I said "we are just friends". I felt so embarrassed.

 I help him out when he  is broke.  John keeps saying "Uju I pray God gives me a wife like you".
Is this guy crazy or high on some cheap drugs. Can't he see the signs already? 1 year of being good friends, can't he see it from the way I stare at him?. I am just tired of being in this zone but I still love John.



                                                      I am Uju from the Friend Zone.

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. What a delightful story, but yes this happens all the time -the friend zone must be a lonely place indeed. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it is a lonely and terrible place to be.. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Yea i relate to this story,but i've never find it difficult to tell a girl a call my friend how i feel about her. Like i'll always say,its either YES or NO and life continues. Nice one gabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, there really shouldn't be any fear.. its either Yes or No.

      Delete
  3. Awww. . . This is real. Sorry Uju. Some people who just best at being your friend and nothing more.

    Hello Gabby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amaka, it's not really fair when you really want to me more than a friend to someone and the person wants to just be friends with. It hurts badly.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true. Be strong. it happens but sometimes being friends is the best.

    ckjacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really difficult and it hurts, some people like Uju in the friend zone wish nothing more than leaving the zone.. Thanks for the advice..

      Delete
  6. Uju, I think you know John so well by now not to know when and how to bring up some conversations... Sometimes Guys (which I am one) can be so myopic that they miss out on what they truly deserve, in search of what is in Sokoto... Beyond just gestures and show of care for John, get talking with him about this, but keep your guard.

    Indeed, the friendzone can be such a lonely place. Nice one gabby.

    Egwumba’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ugo, she really needs to speak out her mind..

      Delete
  7. I hate it when guys I like tell me 'your husband would be so lucky to have you'... I have a mansion in the friend zone
    Pheezycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear, why can't they be the lucky husband??
      You need to pack out of the mansion lol.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Any relationship built on the zoning of friends is bound to stand still and 'mark time' on the name 'best friend'. It is hard to get out or get someone out of the friend zone. If you have the chemistry at the beginning, say it and get the 'yes' or 'no', though it might be hard to do. Don't wait till ages.

    Nice reading this great piece Ifeoma and thanks for your great comment on my space.
    www.alphasoars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it is better to say the feelings early and get your answer..
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  9. my dear o..... some of these guys re clueless o... someone is ur friend, u guys re compatible, u talk abt anything... seriously???? what else is bobo waiting for huh?



    THE PERKS OF BEING SINGLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, he is waiting for a voice from heaven to tell him "This is your beloved wife". Then he will know you are the one.

      Delete
  10. Correct guy there....give her what other girls have been feeding boys with everyday.
    First time I am hearing this kind of story from a girls angle...its usually guys that crush so much on their friends and these girls knowing fully well how much they connect, the girls refuse and go for a total stranger.
    Its so painful a beg. Can't count how many girls I have lost due to friend zone...well as for me ain't no friend zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, women also get friend zoned. My issue with the guy is that he doesn't have the eagles eyes. He can't even see what is right in front of him.

      Delete
  11. Well I don't know how it feels to be friend zoned but I think for future ujus, try to take the bull by the horns or remain in the friend zone you created for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, taking the bull by the horn.. I think uju should just walk away rather than remain there..

      Delete
  12. hehehe..this friend zone shit can be horrible, uju u better tell john or you ll build a mansion in d friend zone
    jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. But really, there's no statute that states that because we are compatible, tell each other everything, live in each others life, and once one-party isn't feeling the friendy thing anymore or is feeling and wanting more, Balm! We click.

    We are adults here; friend zone? Then relationship zone? Wait a minute, KCrUshh zone????? Ha! What happens when you move to Ebonyi and your 'I desperately need him/her to leave this friend zone and step up our game' remains at Chanchaga? You get fond of another friend and continue from where you stopped?

    Put that body and feelings to check, maybe substantive test will help. Find out what you are and who you really need.
    Gracias

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stories that touch the heart...lol

    ReplyDelete

SAY SOMETHING!!!

Email me @ gabbyspeks@gmail.com
FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM @Gabby_speaks
FOLLOW ONTWITTER @GABBYSWIT
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGEGABBY SPEAKS

Popular Posts