CONTENTMENT

7:59 am


"God i need a new laptop". I murmured again for the tenth time that day. I was so sad, I have been complaining about how slow my laptop was.  I just couldn't wait to discard it and
get a new one as soon as possible but i didn't have the money for that.  I believe God always listens to me so he is always the first person I talk to when i have an issue.  I didn't believe this "crappy laptop" like I always called it could be of any good.  It hit me at that moment 'how about being grateful for what you have'.  Contentment!  That seems to be a word missing from my dictionary at that time . I immediately confessed my sins of lack of contentment and thanked God for the beautiful things he has been doing for me.


I calmed down and looked for ways to format the laptop and right  now it is meeting my needs not my wants.  This is how our life is,  we pray for something, work hard to get it but instead of us to cherish that which we have at the moment we are full of criticisms. At least all i need is a faster one when someone is praying for just any one! At least i am not in the hospital! At least i have a family and friends that love me like  crazy! At least an someone's number 1! At least i have readers who visit my blog everyday, and also leave comments!  I have a lot to be grateful for so why should i be so worked up because of one laptop. Why should it steal my joy each time i wish  it was better.  For some of us we have been hoping and praying that we one day get a job, now you have a job and you hate it so much and do not put in your best. For some of us we prayed for marriage and we waited patiently but now you are married you are wishing you were with someone else.  What other people have seems to be what we want and  other people want what we have.  We then have a circle of ungrateful people wishing for what they do not have neglecting what is right in front of them.


Most times we are blessed with great gifts and qualities but it takes a heart that is contented and grateful to see them.  Worst of it all is that we always wish we had the very thing every other person has except what you really have. Material things of life are momentary,they change they are not stable so why should they control your happiness. Some of us worry so much about what we do not have that we fail to improve on the things we have presently.


I have had times when i hated my self. Hated my hair most especially. I didn't ever want anybody to ever take a look at it so i always made sure i had weaves installed always.  Any time i pass  by a mirror i insult myself and didn't see any good that it could become.  I learnt lessons about how appreciating and being content with what you have will make you get more through my dear friends Grace  and Kingsley who kept encouraging me.  They kept telling me how life is about being contented with what you have and it will certainly improve. (My hair as a case study)  This is the result friends.
Began in October 2014


February 2015 

Can we just stop wishing for who we are not?  Can we just be happy  where we are and just hope that things will get better? Can we just give our best to our relationships hoping it will get better?  Can we just give our best to our jobs even though we wish we had a better one? Be determined to be contented this week. Have a blessed week.


ANCHOR SCRIPTURE : Matthew 5:5 MSG
“You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought. you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought.

Image source: Google images

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Sincerely this piece is classic, brings to bear the unsatisfactory nature of the natural man. But a man who has God living on the inside would be brought to a realisation that whatever you have you bearly deserve. It is a gift and you should be thankful. Thanksgiving brings about the release of more gifts from God. Thank you dear, I would never forget to be thankful for all I have got right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! What we have today is just a gift. We are not better than those who have less.
      Thanksgiving should be part of our daily lives. Thanks for stopping by..

      Delete
  2. How true! Seems the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.We need to be grateful in all things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so true, a grateful heart receives more blessings.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, this post is right on target. It is so easy for us to wallow in self pitty and comparisons and wishes. As we grow in our relationship we realize that we have so much to be thankful for, we have to continue to push ourselves to be greatful and thankful to our Creator and the Spiritual blessings of peace, contentment, joy will overflow abundantly in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contentment cannot be over emphasized.. It is the root of peace and more blessings.

      Thanks for stopping by,.

      Delete
    2. Right highly favored, that's one thing contentment is sure to bring, JoY!

      Thanks for this post Gabby, truly spot on!

      Delete
  4. Contentment is the word,thank you God for what i am,where i am, what i have, my family,my friends,my job, my business. Am just contented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank God for you too, For all the blessings you have and more that is to come.

      Delete
  5. Your hair as a case study, and I was expecting a May shot of it, but instead you showed February... Why now? Lol. don't mind me jare.
    The message from this post is so clear; being contented and showing gratitude. Thanks for sharing... Now I know you will thank me for stopping by ***smiles***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had any length check recently, I would update you all soon ok..
      Lollllooolllzz you took the words out of my mouth. So i will change it a little.

      You are simply the best. Come back again ok!!

      Delete
  6. I love how positive your perspective is! It's so important to count our blessings even when we feel like everything is no what we want it to be! I can totally relate with you on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sis, i have learnt this the hard way over time. Being content in life is the key to happiness..

      Thanks for stopping by..

      Delete

SAY SOMETHING!!!

Email me @ gabbyspeks@gmail.com
FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM @Gabby_speaks
FOLLOW ONTWITTER @GABBYSWIT
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGEGABBY SPEAKS

Popular Posts